If only we remembered to start each day with that thought, the world would be a better place for everyone.
We seek professional medical help if our back needs an adjustment but who do you go to, to get an attitude adjustment…. And sometimes let’s face it, that’s exactly what we need.
So how do we get it right? Below are some tips/mindset thoughts that will help you start the day with your best foot forward.
- If I don’t take the initiative to act, someone else will. When you know, something needs to be done – Be proactive, make the stand. You’ll regret it if you don’t.
- Today will be the day or Today I rise are both motivating affirmations. Repeat these phrases as your own personal mantra each morning.
- Make a pact with yourself to do your best each day. If you’re only going to put in a so-so effort, you’re only going to get so-so back. You get what you give.
- Reflect on what you want. Ensure you’re not doing anything that will stifle your creativity and prevent you from expanding your horizon.
- Take action! – thinking about a situation will not overcome the fear of fixing it – but action will. Doubt kills more dreams that failure ever will. (Quote from Suzy Kassem). If you act you will realise that most of your fears are imagined.
- Make mental buckets – compartmentalizing your thoughts can bring clarity. Instead of trying to deal with everything all at once. Isolate each issue from all other challenges. Apply extreme focus on each compartment (separately) but for a short amount of time. Once you see some progress, close the compartment and open the next one. Say no to things that don’t deserve a compartment.
- Make your “Excuse department” redundant. Making excuses only hurts you. It is simply allowing yourself to justify a decision to avoid a task, action or behavior. Ask yourself “Are your excuses letting you down?” Stop sabotaging yourself.